Workers Compensation Lawyer

Workers Compensation Attorney Brevard County


As soon as you realize you have been injured on the job in Brevard County Florida, you must immediately inform your employer so that a Notice of Injury can be filled out. You should do this no matter how small the injury may appear to begin with so that you have some proof that your employer was notified in the event the injury is worse than originally thought. Failure to timely notify your employer in brevard county florida may be enough reason to deny payment of benefits. Benefits are available for on-the-job injuries even if the injury was your fault. Brevard County Workers’ compensation cases are different than all other types of injury cases.

Workers’ compensation cases are serious matters that require serious legal help. Our law firm has represented the people of Brevard County for more than 30 years, protecting their rights against the carelessness of others. 

How Do I Get Medical Care?

You should immediately obtain medical care by asking your employer for permission to go to a doctor or emergency room. Your employer is responsible for authorizing the medical care initially and then their insurance company takes over. If your employer refuses to offer medical care, we suggest that you immediately contact an attorney who handles workers’ compensation cases.

It is very important to get authorization before receiving any additional medical treatment or testing, as you may be responsible for the bills if you do not do so. Recent changes in the laws have placed limits on some types of medical treatment. An attorney can assist you in obtaining proper medical care.

What if Someone Else Caused My Injury?

If you have suffered injuries in any type of accident involving the carelessness of others or a defective product, our Brevard County based law firm will assist you with all aspects of your claim. This includes helping resolve PIP benefits in auto cases, whether it’s medical bills or lost wages. We will also help you with your third-party claim against the at-fault party, their insurance company and any uninsured motorist claim against your own insurance carrier, if applicable. We have the experience and resources to handle auto negligence, product liability, negligent security, slip and fall, cruise line and numerous other types of personal injury claims. 

How long after an accident do I have to report it to my employer?

You should report it as soon as possible but no later than thirty (30) days or your claim may be denied.

Reference: Section 440.185, Florida Statutes

Do I have to pay any of my medical bills?

No, all authorized medical bills should be submitted by the medical provider to your employer’s insurance company for payment.

Reference: Section 440.13(14), Florida Statutes

Will I be paid if I lose time from work?

Under Florida law, you are not paid for the first seven days of disability. However, if you lose time because your disability extends to over 21 days, you may be paid for the first seven days by the insurance company.

Reference: Section 440.12, Florida Statutes