Established in 1976, the firm has been awarded the coveted “AV” rating from Martindale – Hubbell, the most authoritative legal rating source in the world. An “AV” rating is the highest rating available and is awarded only to select firms. Not all attorneys or firms are rated, and the “AV” rating signifies “legal abilities are of the very highest standard” and that “professional ethics are unquestioned.”
Although each member of our team dedicates their time to a specific area of the law, almost every legal need can be met by the firm.
Trained paralegals and legal assistants assist in the preparation of your case. A full-time, in-house investigative staff is part of your team and allows us to promptly contact witnesses and begin any necessary investigation. State-of-the-art computerized systems and resources allow us up-to-date and rapid access to necessary information and new developments in the law. The firm has handled cases in the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit for Brevard County, Orange County and throughout Florida in the State and Federal courts, as well as many other states and countries, Mexico, Canada, and the Virgin Islands.
• St. Louis University, B.A.
• University of Florida, J.D.
• Phi Alpha Delta
• Founding Member, Emeritus of Vassar Carleton Inns of Court. Assistant County Solicitor, 1972
• Assistant Public Defender, 1972-1973. Assistant State Attorney, 1973-1974
• Prosecutor, Municipal Court, City of Titusville, 1973-1976
• Associate, Howell, Kirby, Montgomery & D’Aiuto & Dean, P.A., 1974-1976
• Mayor, Titusville, Florida, 1976-1978
• Member, Titusville Redevelopment Committee
• Board Member and Past President, Space Coast Development Commission
• Past President: Titusville Kiwanis Club; Chamber of Commerce; Spaceport Rotary Club
• B.S. Kansas University with Honors
• University of Kansas Law School – Juris Doctorate
• U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
• U.S. District Court – Middle District
• The Florida Bar
• Brevard County Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Florida Workers’ Advocates
• Association of Trial Attorneys of America
• Academy of Florida Trial Attorneys
• 2001 Pro Bono Attorney of the Year (Brevard)
• Florida Bar Presidents Pro Bono Service Award
• Florida State University, B.A.
• Florida State University, J.D.
• 1979, Florida; 1986, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Robert T. Anderson is our Criminal Law Specialist and has been engaged exclusively in the practice of Criminal Law since his graduation from the Florida State University Law School in 1979. In 1979, Mr. Anderson became an Assistant State Attorney with the Brevard County State Attorney’s Office, and served this county until 1986 as an Assistant State Attorney. During that time, he prosecuted cases ranging from DUI to Theft, to Burglary, to Robbery, to Rape, and First Degree Murder until he left the State Attorney’s Office in 1986. He prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases and prosecuted five First Degree Murder cases in 1985. At the time that he left the State Attorney’s Office in 1986, he held the position of Felony Division Chief and besides prosecuting cases, he managed a prosecution team in the Brevard County Felony Divisions.
In 1987, he joined this law firm and has been engaged primarily in the practice of Criminal Law defending those citizens accused of criminal offenses. He has represented hundreds of clients charged with all types of criminal offenses, including DUI, theft, burglary, robbery, drug cases, drug trafficking cases, sexual battery, and murder. For over 26 years, he has defended the rights of citizens accused of criminal offenses in Brevard County, Orange County, Volusia County, and Indian River County in both State and Federal courts.
Mr. Anderson is actively involved in professional associations and has served two terms on the Brevard County Florida Bar Grievance Committee, and served a significant period of time as a Master in the Brevard County Chapter of the American Inns of Court. Mr. Anderson is also actively involved in civic affairs and has served more than a decade as a Board of Directors Member of the Brevard Achievement Center, an organization which provides education, training, and jobs for the developmentally disabled and served two terms as Chairman of that organization. Mr. Anderson also currently serves as a Board of Directors member of the Historic Cocoa Village Playhouse and actively supports the arts for all citizens in Brevard County, Florida.
Laura K. Storey was born and raised in Titusville, FL and attended Astronaut High School. In 2006 she graduated from the University of Central Florida with a degree in Business Management and Legal Studies. After college she moved to South Florida to attend law school at Nova Southeastern University. At Nova, Mrs. Storey participated in the Family and Children Clinic providing free legal services to those in need through Legal Aid. She also was a Guardian Ad Litem for abandon abused and neglected Children. She received a pro bono award for over 1000 hours of volunteer work.
Mrs. Storey graduated from Nova and was admitted to practice law in Florida in 2010. In the years following her admittance to the Florida Bar, Mrs. Storey gained litigation knowledge and experience practicing real estate property law in the South Florida area.
Mrs. Storey moved back to Titusville in 2016 with her husband Phil and son Cooper to be closer to family. On her spare time she enjoys traveling, outside activities and spending time with Phil and Cooper. She joined the firm in 2017 specializing in Family Law and Probate Law.